Casa Juvenil Tercer Cielo is a ministry started by Damaso Marte, former MLB player and pitcher for the New York Yankees World Series teams, to help children in urban poverty in Santo Domingo Dominican Republic. To put this type of urban poverty in perspective the particular neighborhood where Tercer Cielo is located has a neighborhood where 60+ people share one bathroom and shower. The focus of the ministry is to give these children a place to escape, learn about the Lord and learn how to play music. Before this many of these children had never played an instrument in their lives. Damaso started investing in Santo Domingo after coming to know the Lord later in his professional baseball career. Through ministering to the kids and teaching them how to play they have in turned ministered to the families in the area and seen the Lord truly change these children’s lives. Music attracts, the Lord changes.
• Musical instrument training
• English classes
• Fine arts classes
• Drama classes
• Bible classes and Spiritual training
• Educating children – Literacy, financial training, English and issues such as domestic violence and sexual diseases.
• Medical Assistance – Dengue Fever is one of the biggest problems and they don’t have access to medicine.
• Clean water – Children need access to clean water.
• Nutrition – Children may only have one meal a day, provisions for hot meals is needed.
• Building – More space is needed to accommodate all the children.
To help support the 200 students and their families being impacted for Christ by this ministry, click the donate button below.